Terms & Conditions (in store customers)
1.The title of the Goods shall not pass to the buyer until all sums have been paid in full..
2.A non-refundable deposit of 20% of the order value will be charged to cover administration & overhead costs for items that are cancelled after the statutory 7 day cooling off period, but prior to delivery /collection or are not required and returned undamaged within 48 hours of delivery / collection*. The Company reserves the right not to accept returns or cancellations. The Company also reserves the right to recover card and reasonable delivery / collection charges on cancelled orders.
3. Payment must be made in full prior to delivery / collection of the Goods. Payment can be made by cash or most major credit /debit cards.
4. Cleared funds must be received 48 hrs prior to delivery.
5. No order placed by the Purchaser shall be deemed accepted by the Company until a printed order is issued.
6. Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the Company’s paperwork, but please check that all the details are correct. We will process the order according to the details overleaf and we will not be held responsible for claims arising from errors. Where the mistake is in the pricing, we will correct it and advise you as soon as possible.
7. Any advice or recommendation given by the Company or its employees to the Purchaser, which is not confirmed in writing, is followed or acted upon entirely at the Purchaser’s own risk. Nothing in these Terms will exclude or limit the Company’s liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
8. The description and illustrations in catalogues, price lists and other advertisement matter are intended to present a general idea of the look of the product. All our manufacturers adopt a system of continued improvement and therefore the specification and design of the unit may vary slightly from the ones displayed.
9. It is the sole responsibility of the customer, not the Company, to ensure items are of suitable size to enable access to the room of choice. Should you require advice on access or item sizes for access issues, please contact the company for information. Special order items that do not fit cannot be refunded.
10. Lead-times quoted to you and printed on the order are given in good faith based on current information available to the company at the time the order is placed. We will work very hard to endeavor to achieve the lead-times quoted, and in the majority of cases this is achieved, however we will not accept any responsibility for any claims arising from extended lead-times.
11. A 12 month guarantee is given on all items of furniture unless otherwise stated.
12. Clearance and Ex-Display/Imperfect items are ‘Sold as Seen’ and as such they have a 3 month guarantee and cannot be returned, refunded or exchanged. This does not affect your statutory rights.
13. When your goods are ready for delivery we will then ask for payment. Then our delivery partners will telephone you and arrange a date for them to deliver the goods to you. The full outstanding balance of the invoice must be paid no later than 14 days after the initial telephone call. If the 14 day period expires, we reserve the right to charge storage of goods. Our delivery partners require at least 48 hours notice for cancellation of a delivery. Failure to notify within this period will result in a second delivery charge being levied. A ‘Free Delivery’ will incur a charge of £43.50 (Standard Delivery of £29 + 50%). A Premium Delivery will incur a charge of £73.50 (Premium Delivery of £49 + 50%).
14. Please ensure you inform us of any access restrictions to your property. Our delivery partners use various Lorries for deliveries, the dimensions of which are available on request. We reserve the right to retain the delivery charge should there be a problem with delivery through no fault of our own. We will not accept any claims for compensation arising from failed or refused delivery of any item where the carriers or we were not made aware of any points regarding access restrictions. In the event that the item is refused or cancelled due to these restrictions, the customer is liable for all carriage charges and a 20% re-stocking fee will be applied.
15. Please ensure a safe working environment is provided both in and around the property to comply with Health & Safety legislation. Whilst every effort is made to avoid damage to your property, we will not be held responsible for any damage that we accidentally cause. Therefore please remove rugs, light fittings, pictures and ornaments and where dust sheets are used to cover carpets and flooring please ensure that they do not cause a tripping hazard. The Delivery Team will NOT remove their protective footwear due to Health & Safety Legislation and Insurance restrictions. We suggest you check that your house insurance covers damage done ‘By Others’ during deliveries.
16. Check items carefully for defects & damage before signing for them. It is your responsibility if someone signs on your behalf.
17. You have the option of checking your item(s) before collection. Words such as UNEXAMINED or UNCHECKED will not be accepted as a conditional signature. This does not affect your statutory rights regarding faulty products. If the item has been taken unchecked and is subsequently found to be not to your satisfaction, it is your responsibility to return the item for exchange. It is also your responsibility if someone signs on your behalf.
18. We accept no responsibility for damage to vehicles or furniture whilst loading.
19. Any after sales service issues, including potential damages & discrepancies must be reported within 7 days of supply. A written assessment and images (no larger than 5MB) of the issue will be required. Please email this to: email@example.com with your name and Sales Order number in the email. Failure to promptly send this information can cause delays in rectifying complaints. We will endeavor to rectify the problem as quickly as possible.
20. Many of our products are handmade from naturally occurring materials. Nature has a lovely way of making every piece unique, some items have more knots than others and some have slight shakes, blemishes and color variations. You should also expect some movement when the products are exposed to different environments and temperatures. The acceptable tolerances for movement can vary depending on the size and the thickness of the item.
21. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Company reserves the right to withdraw from this contract at any time, any deposit will be refunded.
22. Please ensure that all packaging & protectors are removed from items prior to use (especially check underside of feet and plinths).
23. Please ensure that a competent person is always used for any fixing and moving of our furniture & accessories - particular attention should be paid to items fixed on walls.
*Stock items only - Special order items (Items ordered in by the company to specifically fulfill your personal requirements) cannot be returned unless faulty. Terms and Conditions issued by Prestige Furniture Ltd. If you would like this document in a larger format, please enquire in-store or contact customer service on 01626 830707 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions issued by Prestige Furniture Ltd. If you would like this document in a larger format, please enquire in store.