Prestige Furniture is making it easier for you to find out how we handle your information
We won’t be changing the ways we use this information, but the new Policy will provide you with additional details such as:
- Increased rights which individuals have in relation to the information we hold about them
- How we keep information secure
- The types of information Prestige Furniture collects about you and individuals connected to your business, and how we use it
- The legal grounds for how we use personal information
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By submitting personal data to us, you agree to us using your data as follows.
What Products and Services does the Privacy Notice relate to?
The Privacy Notice will apply to all services supplied by Prestige Furniture. In any instances where the Privacy Notice doesn’t apply, we’ll provide you with additional information separately.
Information We May Collect About You
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the list of cookies we collect see the list at the end of this policy.
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www. prestigefurniture.co.uk, this includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem with our site.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Details of your visit to our site including but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
What we do with the information we gatherWe require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Once you have confirmed your order and delivery details you are taken to a payment page that is securely hosted by PayPal. You will then enter your card details on the hosted page, which is fully PCI compliant. Prestige Furniture do not collect or store any of your payment details and your details cannot be seen by either Prestige Furniture or Paypal employees.
If you have your own Paypal account then you will be able to take advantage of the Express Checkout. You will be taken to the secure PayPal login page to enter your email address and password. In this case, Paypal will use the information that they already hold for you but Prestige Furniture will not ever see any of this information.
For your further security and peace of mind, Paypal uses the latest in 3D security. This is a security check created by the card payment industry whereby you, the cardholder, can be authenticated by your bank before payment is finally authorized. It is the security system behind the MasterCard SecureCode and Verified by Visa. Not everyone is taken through this extra security but if your card is enrolled then you will.
Paypal also uses 128-bit encryption technology to scramble any data that passes from your computer to the authorized receiver.
Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our site according to your individual interests
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognize you when you return to our site.
We also use Re-marketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the Internet. We and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the Double Click cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone's past visits to our website.
The following types of cookie may be used during your visit to our site: -
- Session cookies that are deleted after each visit.
- Persistent cookies are valid across visits and, for example, are used to avoid the need to tell us your country of residence at the start of each visit.
- Email cookies which are set on your computer by an email from us but are accessed by our site when you use our site.
- Third party cookies that are used by our partners, for example, to help us measure site visitors or to serve our ads.
- Third Party Service Provider.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at Prestige Furniture Ltd, Heathfield Industrial Estate, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 6RY. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Prestige Furniture Ltd, Heathfield Industrial Estate, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 6RY.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect
If you have any more questions or concerns please email us & we will be happy to answer your questions.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GOOGLE_ANALYTICS||Indicates the pages you visited on the site|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.